Plant Quarantine Regulation and Monitoring Section
- Phytosanitary Certification on the export and import of agriculture and forest products.
- Propose for the necessary amendments and revisions for the effective regulation of the export and import of plants, plant products and their pests.
- Prepare necessary guidelines and their implementation to prevent the pests from the internal and external imports and exports
- Prepare necessary directives and their implementation of inspection, testing and treatments against the entry and establishment of pests.
- Develop relevant mechanisms of coordination and collaboration with the technical stakeholders
- Identify relevant crops for the internal quarantine, prepare guidelines and revisit as deemed necessary.
- Notification to the concerned nations on the phytosanitary measures applied according to the SPS agreement of WTO and other international commitments.
- Provide the list of regulated pests to the WTO Member States and other trade partner countries.