National Plant Protection Organization (NPPO) Section
- Work as the secretariat of National Plant Protection Organization
- Prepare the list of regulated pests
- Provide information on the regulated pests to the other organizations
- Prepare the phytosanitary health standards and their implementation for the plant and plant products to be imported or exported.
- Prepare the guidelines for the inspection, testing and treatment of the plant and plant products, biological control agents, beneficial organisms and other products and their implementation.
- To identify endangered areas and protect, or cause to be protected, plants and plant products in such areas through quarantine process
- To prescribe terms and restrictions relating to the trafficking and use of plants and plant products, biological control agents and beneficial organisms
- To act as a national coordinator for activities relating to plants and plant products, biological control agents and beneficial organisms
- To make coordination with phyto-sanitary bodies of other countries and make understandings on the recognition of each other's permits and phyto-sanitary certificates